Favorite vintage pieces-part 1

A few nights ago my mom and I took some of our favorite pieces of vintage/thrifted clothing items to style-and took pictures! On Monday my mom and I went to a Goodwill that has unsually high volume of vintage asian jackets, which sort of fit into the luxe robe look that I posted about a few posts back. I’ve been working these pieces around a Fall 07 Miu Miu skirt that I got at our Neiman’s outlet during a sale. I wish I had up-close pictures of the fabric (it’s so cool!) but I just sent it to the tailor to be taken in a little.

Thrifted satin coat, H&M tank top, Miu Miu pleated skirt, Chloe shoeboot

Here mom is wearing her sixties studded Givenchy shift. It was a great find on eBay. She wears it over Hysteric Glamour jeans with Prada heels.

This angora sweater I’m wearing was about to be trashed by my mom’s friend-it was rescued and bought to me and is now one of my favorite cold weather pieces. The angora is so luxe that it looks like a fur coat.

Worn with Miu Miu skirt, sequin tube top from UO, Margiela boots

Mom just got this vintage Chanel jacket from eBay-paired again with Hysteric Glamour jeans and Givenchy lace up heels.

Those are just a few of the things we tried on-later I hope to do another post full of my favorite vintage things-there are so many waiting to be worn in the back of my closet.

Happy Fourth of July to American readers!
jane

1. Saree Elias says:

I love the last look of your mom isss incredibleee! and i loveddd loveddd your first look :) happy 4 of July.
    Saree

2. ::stating the obvious:: You and your mom look so much alike!
    Also, I love the first outfit best. It’s clever how you balanced all the pale peachy colors with black accessories.

3. Kyle says:

Also stating the obvious, you and your mom look identical!
    Love both your styles :)

4. julia:] says:

omg, you and your mom have great style, love your skirt, and your mom’s chanel jacket

5. william says:

The Miu Miu skirt looks great and surprisingly versatile. I saw it on Net-a-Porter awhile ago; I believe it’s some kind of jacquard?

6. great site says:

I adore you and your mum’s style. I hope your mum keeps posting too! Such great outfits.

7. Christina says:

You and your mom look like the real life Serena & Lily Van Der Woodsen from Gossip Girl.

8. MoneyTuff says:

hey can your mom adopt me?
    ps im sorry that i ever thought you stretched pictures
    love her jacket
    ProfMonnitoff

9. Kayla says:

…where can I find amazing vintage pieces like those on eBay?!
    You and your mom both have such a knack for fashion, it’s amazing. I love your new Asian-inspired jacket…how beautiful!

10. chauss says:

love all the fabulous pix…but the black givenchy peeptoes really did me in………………..

11. smokey says:

hello, great fashion genes run in the family!

12. i really do need your mom’s ebay luck! what finds!

13. R says:

This is such an awesome post, you and your mom both have amazing style. Jeez Im so jealous of your shoes and clothes haha

14. Hana says:

Love your outfits! That asian jacket is great :) My mum has a ton of them, perhaps I’ll have a sift through her wardrobe soon!
    I added you to my blogroll at http://velvetbows.blogspot.com
    xox
    Hana

15. ying says:

the chanel jacket look so good on your mom!!!
    i wish i have a mom cool like yours :)

16. lea says:

hi, i’m a swiss reader, and as a european girl, i ADORE your sophisticated looks and the labels are my favorites. the way you put things together is always elegant, you have a great taste. so chic!
    à bientôt

17. Siya says:

I love your style!
    These Margiela boots and the Miu Miu skirt are so cool.

18. Matt says:

These are some AMAZING pieces! I particularly adore your moms vintage Givenchy, and the entire outfit with the Chanel jacket.
    Perfection.

19. Sojourner says:

You and your mom have GOT to be THE most fabulous mother-daughter pair EVER! I mean, seriously. I hope she makes more appearances on your blog! You both manage to have such an eye for style while still seeming really down to earth.

20. Miriam says:

Oh my..i love the Chloe-shoeboots! and you are so cute!!:)
    big kiss

21. Alex says:

i love the combination of the miu miu skirt and the Margiela boots.
    AND YOUR MOM IS SO COOOOOOL!

22. nicole says:

i must say, you and your mom are incredible dressers… im impressed

23. Juliette says:

It appears in your look#1 you’ve found a way to create a Carrie-inspired look with this great Asian style silk coat. Love the skirt! Love the coat

24. Ammu says:

You guys are so gorgeous! What style! Love all the outfits, the Givenchy shift is to die for, and I love how you have styled the angora cardigan – looks utterly fabulous!

25. Marina says:

Amazing pair!i love how you wear vintage and modern designers!I love your outfit with Margiela boots. My fav

26. I JUST got those Givenchy booties!!! Waiting for them to arrive…patiently sort of. Haha. I just hope they fit! Linking you coz you’re so awesome!

27. hi hon! i have a Q about the givenchy shoes on your ridiculously fashionable mom! i’m US 8 and just got a pair of 9s off barneys…wondering how they run..thanks!

28. Dana says:

I especially love the givenchy slips and the angorra sweater!
    My mom also loves Chanel and tweeds in general, but she doesn’t have your mom’s figure (shhhh don’t tell her I said that!)

29. Fashion runs in the family!

30. Eimear says:

Hi! Ijust love your style, its so effortless and tres chic.
    I was just wondering what is the name of the glasses you are wearing?

31. melly says:

You pulled off that Asian jacket so impeccably, there’s a million ways of looking like a complete idiot in that but you, you shine!

32. frequently develop line late high cause held overtraining term years alan physique professional america generally main relat article period derm.