Old School Kicks-so retro it hurts but I totally want them anyway.

The shoes at Rodarte for Spring 09 are just as covetable as the thorny, poisonous mary janes Christian Louboutin designed for Rodarte Winter 08. Rodarte Spring 09 was beyond words-I hope to be in attendance of the showing of the collection at Barney's in Dallas this Wednesday. (You have no idea how much I am anticipating this!)

I had to do a double take when I saw these boots on the Browns Fashion website. Not the sort of boot I'd imagine coming from YSL. The cool thing about these is there is absolutely nothing modern about them-they're sort of Woodstock babe meets Foxy Brown but I could also see Sly Stone or Jimi Hendrix wearing them too. If I could wear these with anything I'd choose Sly's patchwork jeans and that to-die-for embroidered Dries van Noten coat.

1. WendyB says:

Love the patchwork boots.

2. Inês says:

Not my kind of shoes, but really beautiful, I love the YSL boots : )

3. theglamourai says:

did you read the nytimes article that mentioned how rodarte made those shoes from recycled electrical wires? makes them EVEN coolor:

4. Jane says:

Wow! Thanks for showing me that Glamourai, that makes those shoes 10000x cooler!
    It’s so great to have an American talent to get excited about-seems like we haven’t really had one in years. The Mulleavy sisters are light years ahead of everyone else right now: who would have thought to bring left over wires into those crazy shoes!

5. chauss says:

cant wait for a report back on the rodarte tunk show!

6. tanya says:

id love to see how you’d style those rodarte shoes!

7. the shoe wall the shoe wall!!! :D

8. adrian says:

Actually, the shoes for Rodarte are from Nicholas Kirkwood. Christian Louboutin has done their shoes for awhile now but that season was not by him.

9. professional natural bodybuilders part perfect america size organizations body generally bodybuilding loss food build frequently back muscle building protein hypertrophy.