LOTS OF PICS AHEAD//stupid pictures taken while running errands

Today I tagged along with my mom and my sister to run some errands. I took the camera and we ended up making a pitstop at Joanne's to pick up some plastic animals. Unfortunately they didn't have as large of a selection as we would have liked but we still had fun.

Walking around outside whilst waiting for my sister to finish her voice lesson.
This crazy glitter jacket was purchased yesterday when I went thrifting with a friend. It is so insanely sparkly and it feels like a Brillo pad. I love it.
Pasta paper.
Carol threatening my mom and I.
Mom makes out with a sparkly octopus sticker
They have a lot of different 'Toobs' of plastic animals to choose from. They aren't all animal toobs though. We have a Jamestown Settlers toob.
Brontosauras vs Velociraptor round 3
Carol's pretty beaver tail
Okay I promise to get some real posting done soon. Sorry for bombarding you with dumb pictures.
But in the meantime,
why don't you check out the fun little project my mom and my sister and I are working on:
We figured it was about time to do something (useful?) with our little zoo of plastic pets.
xox Jane

1. tee says:

holy moly is that snow youre walking on in that first pic?!
    it must be FREEZING! and youre only wearing a skirt and blouse?!
    jane you are ke-razy!

2. Maya says:

Are you kidding me with those shoes? I love them!!

3. corie says:

i love those plastic animals! it looks like you had fun ;)

4. Brigadeiro says:

Oh! How I miss mucking about with my mom & sisters! What a fun-filled day! Thanks for sharing, as I now reminisce on when my sisters were play-fighting with my mom :)

5. lovely lovely outfit. and i adore those shoes. i love how you put the outfit together – glittery top, voluminous skirt, and playful shoes. beautiful.

6. Saree Elias says:

AMAZING i lovee the emerald green. SALUDOSSS Jane. haha besos!

7. Sunset says:

That jacket is SO perfect! Isn’t it terribly itchy though?

8. Trisha says:

aww cute pictures! you guys look adorable. looves the glittery jacket!

9. Matthew says:

Are the pictures taken with the D40? Why are they so pixelated?

10. Sophie says:

Hihi, don’t you worry, I like the dumb pics!:) /Sophie from Sweden♥

11. David Diaz says:

I recently came across your blog.it inspired me to finally stop hesitating, and make my own! yours is soo goodd

12. Jessica says:

I LOVE that jacket. Great score!

13. Amelia says:

sounds like a really fun day. i wish my family got along really well
    i love plastic animals <3

14. Brianna says:

More posts like this please Jane! I know you girls have a ton of personality just by viewing your wardrobes, but a glimpse into your daily adventures really add your spirited charm. Girls just wanna have fun : )

15. karafina says:

thats awesome… i have a collection of miniature plastic animals.. like reeeeeeally miniature! like the size of a corn kernel!

16. Dexter says:

Oh dear, those shoes in the first picture are awesome! You look fantastic! as for the other pictures, I’d say everyone is supposed to have a day of now and then:)

17. i like the frog closures on the jacket!

18. Sunny says:

This is so stupid…. But ur only 16… I really dont expect much of u exept shopping… This is sad?? Dont u have friends? Go on parties, to the movies???
    I really need to stop reading this sh…

19. Vogueite says:

Prada/Marni skirt & Prada spring 2007 heels? :)
    i love the shoes from that particular season

20. Henrietta says:

I know you’re only 16, but…really? PLASTIC ANIMALS on this January 20?
    Good grief.

21. miriam says:

ah, not dumb at all. but i see your point. great outfit though!

22. Christine says:

Mathew: Just because a picture is taken with a D40, doesn’t mean that it automatically comes out fantastic. Using a camera on it’s correct settings is what gives you a crisp, none pixelated image. DSLR’s used on the incorrect settings can come out as bad as a cheap point and shoot sometimes when given to someone who doesn’t know their stuff. A good lens always helps, especially one with image stabilization under dark light. It’s kind of daunting how people assume just because an image is taken with a £400 D40, the pictures should automatically come out fantastic. The real skill comes with the photographer, not the camera.
    Anyway, lovely post Jane. Always a pleasure to see your stunning outfits!

23. Super cute post! Looks like a fun day :)

24. i like this fun pictures!!!!

25. keren says:

They’re not as ‘stupid’ as they are entertaining.
    And the skirt and heels you’re wearing are most amazing.
    Very cute top, too.
    ;)

26. Emlyn says:

You all look so amazing! I will definitely start to follow your plastic animal blog, too cute!

27. cindy says:

hahahaha, you guys are adorable.
    imy superstar!

28. Robbie says:

you guys are so eccentric… i love it!

29. carlotta says:

hahahahah plastic animal a day! how delighful

30. Rebecca says:

where did you get those shoes they are great!

31. Becca says:

i am dying over the glittery jacket – so so great. I love the shoes too, of course!

32. You look gorgeous! What I’m truly in love with is your skirt and the print on it!

33. Amy Williams says:

Its great seeing pictures like these! And that outfit – so great!

34. Academichic says:

Fun post! And I love, love, love your shoes!! -S. of academichic.com

35. Kristal says:

Hi Jane!
    I always read your blog and I think that you and your shoes collection are fantastic!
    Can I ask you something?
    I’m going to go to NYC next week…where can I go?
    (lot of shoes,good food and nice shops)
    :) XOXO

36. ji kim says:

I like the outfit alot. Very sophisticated for such a young woman!
    Also I am so dying for that incredible squid ring you have!

37. Patricia says:

I love your style!
    I would like to talk about you in my blog if thats OK with you… it’s still very new, but i simply love how edgy and sophisticated you are!

38. Matthew says:

Christine – I never made the assumption that $500+ camera = pristine pictures. Usually – actually… always – Jane’s pictures turn out fantastics. Seeing these just make me question why the sudden lack of quality? Was it the camera? Was it the way the picture was save? Etc…
    I came to the conclusion that the only reason the pictures turned out gritty was because they were saved under .gif rather than her usual .jpg

39. I love that color green. It looks great.

40. jamb0 says:

did your mother start her blog…if so what is it called

41. wednesday says:

i love your blog and i love how adorable your family is! you guys are so cute and these pictures made me laugh…jamestown settlers toob…that is quite awesome, gotta say. as always beautiful outfit, i’m always in awe of what you come up with on your blog and how you always look amazing (plus your extensive shoe collection which i am eternally jealous of)…also one question: do you go to a public school and if so do you wear all of this to school? including the shoes? anyway not impt just wondering.
    zulu2011.blogspot.com

42. addison says:

your family is so cute!
    and i will definetly be reading the plastic animal blog! haha

43. Tandsm says:

Aw who knew shopping could be so much fun!

44. Nicole says:

Seriously those shoes are amazing!! They’re probably worth my rent, but I must have them. What info can you give me on them?
    Also, contrats on the bloggie nomination. I voted for you, of course. You’ve got great great style, especially for someone so young. I’ve got over 10 years on you and while I think I’m pretty damn stylish I’m always impressed with what you pull out/ pull off.

45. Nicole says:

Contrats=Congrats
    Again, congratulations. You deserve it.

46. Shen-Shen says:

Haha I love the plastic animal a day!

47. JW says:

hey man, trying to set an age limit on who should play with plastic animals is NONSENSE. plastic animals are for everyone! my husband and i drove across the country last year and we collected plastic animals along the way and displyed them on the dash of our vehicle. by the end we had a collection that spanned the entire country and mixed dinos with llamas and giraffes and zebras … great fun! it’s lovely to see relaxed pictures of you horsing around with your family. That skirt is beautiful. I would love a skirt like that. Keep being young and beautiful Jane!

48. cassie says:

Darling, you are adorable.
    I enjoy your enthusiasm for plastic animals and am glad that I’m not the only seventeen-year-old that has plastic animals. (:

49. Ronnie says:

you put a smile on my face with that top. glad to see you wore it so soon!

50. Sophie says:

I’m wondering where Carol’s jeans are from? The sideways belt loops are awesome!
    Thanks.

51. FAB PIcs
    Look like you hadan amazing time!!!

52. This is truly a Revolting Development as William Bendix use to say on TV in a different generation or two ago. Maybe three. I’m thinking seriously now about Mac and also about selling my stock.