Uncategorized

GOODBYE TEXAS

As I prepare for a very long trip I can't help but start to feel homesick already. Summer had only just started and I was enjoying myself at home.

I love waking up early and having tea in bed with a book.
It's even nicer when my puppies join me.

Shelley

Staci

We just planted our garden too! I hope that the July heat doesn't make them droopy while we're gone.
Anyway, after enjoying my last morning in Texas I headed into Dallas with my mom to grab some lunch and look around Forty Five Ten.

So much pretty Dries.

Mom's outfit today

Her signature stack of silver, along with an Omega Seamaster men's watch.

Her equestrian Givenchy ankle boots-mom and I both flipped for these. Worn with waxed Levi's jeans.

I didn't get too dressed up today-wearing a thrifted lace shirt, Miu Miu skirt, and my beloved new Chanel bow-tie booties.

More pics….

Are there words for how incredibly sweet these shoes are? Nope. They're kind of punky and cheeky at the same time though. I need to do a post about these shoes! I couldn't stop staring at my feet today.

Had a tasty lunch at the T Room at Forty Five Ten.
(Good iced tea is another thing I'll miss when I'm in Tokyo. Does anybody love iced tea like Texans do?)

My panini with brie and cranberries.

Mom's pear salad, tortilla, and vegetable panini.

After lunch we stopped at Grange Hall-while I was there I snapped a picture of these pretty flowers inside the store.

If you live near Dallas/in Dallas and haven't visited Grange Hall yet, you have to. It's like a very morbid and beautiful apothecary…not to mention they carry Natalia Brilli (!)

I snapped this picture of an old grain silo on our way into town.
It reminded me of japanese boro textiles.

BORO

I'm going to miss seeing sights like this when I'm in Tokyo…I love the deserted landscapes of Texas. I want to take a road trip to Marfa when I get back from Tokyo!

Better start packing. I'm going to spend three days in Los Angeles with my family and then on Wednesday my mom and I are flying to Tokyo. We'll come back to Texas July 10th.
I already miss my dogs so much. It's so hard to leave them. But I'm so excited I can barely stand it!

xo Jane

221 Comments

1. Ming Min wrote:

Those Chanel shoes are beautiful and the food that you ate looks sooooo good. Have fun in Tokyo and its great when you fly over Japan like I did because you can see Mt. Fuji coming out from the clouds
    Please check out my fashion blog
    Thanks,
    Ming Min

2. tara wrote:

i have the all black satin versions but i have been dying for the sheer booties! where did yo find them??

3. KD wrote:

Oh my, you seem to have such an idyllic life! Have fun in Tokyo. :-)

4. Ming Min wrote:

One more thing Jane, when you fly to Tokyo make sure to get at least 6 hrs of sleep on the plane because the jetlag really gets to you when you land and when you get back to the United States. When I went to China I almost fell asleep in my food from the plane ride
    Thanks,
    Ming Min

5. nikki wrote:

have fun in tokyo!!! it seems like a lot of fun!!! your shoes are sooo incredibly beautiful i cant even stand it!!! america will miss its 2 best dressed bloggers (if you didnt know already… its you and your mom lol)!

6. Jennifer wrote:

You are absolutely adorable. And your blog is so fab. :)
    I love the Chanel shoes and your skirt.
    Have fun in Japan!

7. Rebecca wrote:

Oh, I love those shoes on the book. :)

8. alison wrote:

have fun! your Chanel shoes are incredible – they deserve their own post!!! you need to take those to Tokyo with you!!
    when you’re in LA, stop by my boutique Faire Frou Frou for some designer lingerie. i love how you layered the sheer blouse over the black bra!
    xoxo

9. Daria wrote:

Best Chanel shoes ever!

10. Ebony wrote:

Love the Chanel shoes, to die for and those bows set the off perfectly. I’m proud to call Texas home to and no matter where I may travel I always long to return, have fun in Toyko.

6.13.09 · Reply
  11. Those chanel booties are so beautiful. I love the shoes in the first 2 photos as well, who are they by?

12. londoner wrote:

jane! please take PLENTY of photos in TOKYO!!!! and post them all! bon journee!

13. xAZD wrote:

Wow. The booties are just the definition of punky, lovely, sweet….ahh. I do hope you have the greatest time!
    xx

14. Nahal wrote:

Can you update your site while in Los Angeles?
    I live in LA and I would love to see what you wear here!

15. Cruz wrote:

Wow have an amazing time in LA and Tokyo! You guys look great, as always I’m smitten by both of your guys’ sense of style. I reallly love your mom’s Givenchys. Shoot me an email if you need any LA shopping tips okay? haha ;-) And PS I drink iced tea like water, aka all the time. Unsweetened ftw.

16. stllptrc wrote:

Those shoes are insane in the best way. Are they from a recent season? They look like they could be vintage or new. Iced tea is my beverage of choice! In Japan I bet you can find my favorite, rose green. Enjoy your trip.

17. Mira wrote:

This is one of my favorite posts youve EVER made! Wow. Thanks for the beautiful photos. Makes me yearn for a day like that.

18. Maelis wrote:

Ooh I live in Tokyo (one of my homes), but I won’t be there when you visit. It would’ve been interesting if I’d bumped into you! Lovelovelove the white strappy shoes in the first pics, where are they from? And your camera, I’m interested to know what make and model : ) But I hate the booties, sorry, I find them really ugly even if they are Chanel. And a black bra under a sheer shirt – really? It’s not attractive.

19. gennie wrote:

both of your shoes in this post are AMAZING!!! not that they aren’t always ;)
    cranberry and brie panini sounds deeeelish. I should make that at home pronto. Have a safe flight! can’t wait to see what you two are up to in japan.

20. James V. wrote:

Hope you have a blast in Tokyo! Charge the battery for your camera!

21. adrian wrote:

Chanel boots, expensive meals and you are depressed about leaving your already perfect existence to go to Japan…I wish I could sympathize.

22. Amee wrote:

Jane, thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures with us! The food at the T Room looks scrumptious and I am drooling over your Chanel shoes and your mom’s Givenchys. And OH GOSH I am obsessed with iced tea. I also thought it was a Texan thing as well :P Anyway, hope you and your mom have a safe trip to LA and Tokyo!! Keep us updated :)

23. Karolina. wrote:

You are incedible gorgeous… :) Simple look but i can’t stop thinking of chanel shoes and white blouse. Ou and your mother is beautiful… I’m so jalouse :)

24. nikky wrote:

enjoy japan!
    your chanel shoes are great…

25. Sofia wrote:

I read The Magus whilst travelling through India…a great book, but such a repugnant protagonist! Enjoy your time in Tokyo.

6.13.09 · Reply
  26. I cannot believe you get to do all this traveling!! So jealous =)
    Have a lot of fun and take a TON of pictures!! The street style there is nuts in a good way from what I’ve seen.

6.13.09 · Reply
  27. There are so many amazing shoes in this post I almost peed my pants. The Givenchys are stunning and the Chanels are so beautiful!!!
    fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

28. Wale wrote:

Love those shoes!! they look better on your pictures than on the actual magazine!…..What type of clothes/shoes are you packing for Tokyo? Is your sister going too?…. Try to keep us posted…. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. Karen wrote:

Since you are super rich and can afford to drop cash-ole on $1000 shoes, what charity work are you doing? It’s nice to spend but have you decided to give back to your surrounding poor communities? I mean its nice to be rich (well I guess its nice) but I don’t see what you are contributing, especially in these financially trying times.

30. nontard wrote:

^karen u are a pressumptuous bitch

6.13.09 · Reply
  31. I just saw those Chanel booties at Nieman Marcus to day and I was thinking how they would look on. There I saw them on you! They look lovely, Jane! Great choice.
    Have a great trip!

32. Libby wrote:

Ah, those chanel shoes are darling. I love the bows and the classc little symbols! Have fun, Tokyo will be great!
    XOXOXO
    Libby

33. Lidia wrote:

I’ve been following your posts for a while now, and i really like them :D seeing you want to go to marfa made me bug, because i live in brussels – belgium (dries van noten, martin margiela, ann demeulemeester & co homeland ;D), and i went to see some family in texas in april (stayed in austin -omg, this city is so amazing!), and we actually made a road trip to marfa :D this place is so.. don’t what to say x). it’s so..marfa!
    if you go there, just try Eve’s Garden, in Marathon for the night :) > http://www.evesgarden.org/bandb/?link=nav it’s really a interesting place :)
    anyway, keep doing so great posts,
    Lidia
    ps: where do you get the money for all these clothes? :O

34. maria wrote:

Love your blog!! Those Chanel booties are too amazing. I hope you have a wonderful time in Tokyo!!

35. styledrop wrote:

Oh, those Chanel booties are amazing! So chic. have a fun trip in Tokio!

36. Nat wrote:

Who makes your mom’s V-neck t-shirt? I love it!

37. Jordan wrote:

Mmmmm The Magus. So worth the extra five pounds it adds to your bag.
    Have fun in Tokyo!
    -Jordan

38. wow!
    i’m almost fainted when i see your chanel shoes! lol!
    the chanel shoes are so beautiful!
    your mom does look glamourous!

39. DPL wrote:

One of my favorite posts yet.

40. ava wrote:

Hi Jane, I love this. <3 Ava

6.13.09 · Reply
  41. Just got back from Tokyo 4 days ago and am already missing it. I hope to see lots of cool posts from you while you are there! Take pictures with people from the backstreets of Harajuku, they’re totally up for it! I even met some people I’d seen online from blogs, dropsnap, etc..

42. Anon wrote:

The Magus is a crazy, messed up book. (in a good way)
    Can’t believe your mom already has those Givenchy boots! LVR just got those in taupe a few days ago!

43. Amalia wrote:

She’s going to Tokyo
    with a penchant for raw, fishy meals.
    But climbing Mount Fuji
    May prove tricky in heels.

44. veronika wrote:

gorgeous pictures – your pups are so sweet!
    veronika,

6.13.09 · Reply
  45. I have been following your blog a while now and I think this is a really beautiful post. Stunning actually! Well done and good luck in Tokyo. P.S can you tell us what you are doing there?
    Best, Bron from New Zealand

46. Brigadeiro wrote:

Ooh! Fortyfiveten looks amazing! The Dries, the Dries! :)
    Your outfit is absolute P E R F E C T I O N ! ! !
    LOVE the whole look, and the Chanel booties are too cute! Your mom’s outfit’s casual/elegant perfection as always!
    Hope you have a fantastic time in Tokyo!
    xx
    CC

47. Miss Red wrote:

your shoes are absolutely fabulous. i like the sheer fabric with the logo on it. and the bows are very very sweet.
    i also really like your skirt. really pretty pleat details. love the stack of silver on your mom’s wrist. especially the watch. and her shoes are soooo great. they’re punky and goth and chic all at once. and i really like the shoes of yours in the first few pictures. really cute.

48. Ann wrote:

Wonderful post Jane!! Love the atmosphere in your room, and those pink strappy shoes are 2D4. The Chanel shoes are very cute,i noticed the small number 5 :P
    Have a safe trip, hope you update soon!!

49. kirstine wrote:

those chanel shoes are to die for.
    I love how I get to see your moms
    great outfits as well as yours.
    two for one deal! Have fun!

50. Robby D wrote:

TAKE ME WITH YOU!.. Im right outside Arlington ,up the street! Lol .
    Have fun =)

6.13.09 · Reply
  51. adorable pups! i love your mom’s chunky chain bracelet. enjoy JAPAN!!!!! that silo picture is pretty great too.

6.13.09 · Reply
  52. Those first few photos are so candid I could mistake them as a Juergen Teller ad campaign though in a more compassionate theme. That distorted figure of the ‘iced tea glass’ so surreal like Rene Magritte, you should’ve added a caption on the bottom: “this is not a glass of iced tea.”…lol.

53. alyse wrote:

LOL your coming back on my birthday :)
    i hope you have fun. io would love to go to tokyo!!
    xx. A

6.13.09 · Reply
  54. i love the summer in asia, so jealous! and 3 weeks! so much fun…can’t wait to see your guys’ adventures there.
    any fun plans in la?? i’m in la, the weathers not been so great these days :(
    your mom’s givenchy boots are KILLER. and those chanels…so you!
    have fun and be safe!!

55. Amber wrote:

Have fun in Japan! I hope the weather is nice while you’re there =)

6.13.09 · Reply
  56. Wonderful compositions in your photographs. They are absolutely stunning. I love the Givenchy boots!

6.13.09 · Reply
  57. oh my lordies, those Chanel booties are the most amazing things ever! My personal favorite of yours thus far! I know youve probably been asked this a million and one times, but what kind of camera do you use?

58. kathy wrote:

Hello Jane.
    I really love this post.
    Have a great time in Tokyo!
    Kathy

59. Emma wrote:

I love this post

60. Stephanie wrote:

Your Chanel shoes are incredibly feminine…so pretty. And the black bra with a sheer blouse is a great combo! I enjoy wearing a black bra and thin white tee, although where I live, I get some funny looks.
    What your mom’s wearing really rocks! That’s basically how I dress, when the weather’s not too hot.
    Enjoy every moment of your Tokyo adventure!

61. emily wrote:

Oh my god I’m leaving for Tokyo tomorrow TOO!!!
    my family is from Tokyo. It’s an exciting city and you will love it ;D
    Enjoy Tokyo
    Emily

62. Sarah kate wrote:

love love love the Chanel shoes!

63. Leia wrote:

Jane, this was a beautiful post. I love your outfit (that Miu Miu skirt is so gorgeous). I’ve been dying to get those Chanel booties… where did you get them? They are amazing! I hope you have a wonderful trip :)

64. Gina wrote:

Did you see you and your mom’s shoes on Shoe Lust?!
    Absolutely to die for!

65. Alicia wrote:

Love those shoes! Have fun on your trip! :)

66. Bisou-joue wrote:

your chanel booties are how so gorgeous ! I can easily understand why you can’t stop staring at your feet…
    I love your mom’s bracelets: so great !
    enjoy your trip in tokyo !

67. Natalie wrote:

The Chanel booties are so, so lovely.
    Have a great time in Tokyo!

68. Ser wrote:

i dont think you will have any problem finding iced tea in japan, they are crazy for it too!

69. Fannah wrote:

I love this outfit! It’s simple, but not too much. And I agree with you on your shoes: AMAZING. I swear, I need those!
    And how come you even look good in pajamas? ;)

70. Marina wrote:

Your Chanel shoes are something special!I can’t say a word. It is just perfect!

6.14.09 · Reply
  71. The pictures today are amazing! Your puppies are too cute! Are they coming in Tokyo with you?
    How long are you staying away?
    Se chanel shoes are bautiful! I love the miu miu skirt, too.
    Lucy =)

72. dd wrote:

That book looks so new and flawless… like no one has read it before! So sad.

6.14.09 · Reply
  73. Those Chanel shoes !!!

74. Annabel wrote:

your chanel booties are to die for! hope you have fun in tokyo!

75. Agnieszka wrote:

I love your shoes ;)

76. Sunna wrote:

You look so chic! Adorable shoes.
    Enjoy Japan, I wish I could go there too instead of studying for exams… in the Belgian rain.

77. Sofia wrote:

your Chanel shoes are wonderful<3''

78. shila wrote:

hmmm those dries and channel look great. I hope you have lots of fun in Tokyo later! Do post loads of photos as soon as you arrive there! :)

6.14.09 · Reply
  79. It might seem silly or so, but how do you keep your feet in such a good condition, while wearing heels literally every day. I mean the pictures show as you never had any scratches, scars, etc When I am wearing heels my feet sweal, I get scars and bleeding all the time. It doesn`t matter what my shoes are made from , they could be a 3 pound ones or 100 pound ones…

80. ik wrote:

wow you look like twins!

81. mila wrote:

Those shoea are to die for.And i like your moms stack of silver.I dont know if i could leave my dog…I love him so much :(
    Have fun :*

6.14.09 · Reply
  82. The first photo looks so wonderfully lazy & relaxed.
    Very pretty thrifted shirt & of course, the shoes.

83. Cécile wrote:

You never post your friend’s pictures.
    don’t you have any?

6.14.09 · Reply
  84. Wow, i love you life.. Shoes, holiday trips, beautiful house, nice dogs, kind mom, eveything’s just so cool! You’re one of my wealthiest blogger, i must admit. Do take care in Tokyo & i’m looking forward for your updates.

85. sara wrote:

love your outfits!!! esp the chanel booties! and i love your mum’s givenchy. what are the white shoes in the first photo? have fun in tokyo!

6.14.09 · Reply
  86. wa…those chanel boots are just so cute! plus i love that picture of the books, cup of tea and shoes ;)

87. Jess wrote:

oh my god.
    those Chanels!! why do they have 5’s embroidered on them?

88. Anne wrote:

Your shoes are stunning! You and your mom always look so great !
    I’m a bit jealous that you go to Tokyo. Have fun !!
    Waiting on pictures ;)

89. Nat wrote:

Wow your life seems so great and you take such lovely photos, Have fun in Tokyo, its great went last year. So jealous =]

90. serena wrote:

hello!
    I stumbled on your blog (coming from DoeDeere’s blogazine :D) and oh my, I’m impressed!
    you seem to lead such a wonderful life… surrounded by all those pretty clothes and even prettier shoes! (the margiela cut-out boots are my favourite, EVER)
    I have to thank you for making me discover a lot of new great designers, and I have to hate you a bit too, for making me envy your shoe collection so much haha
    Only bad thing: you don’t have any pair by my fav designer :( which is.. John Galliano! yup. he is the next big thing, I think. well no, he is a big thing even now actually… whatever, let me introduce you to this fab pair I saw on Yoox (they come in red too, are they not beautiful?)
    anyway, sorry for bothering you! have a nice trip and enjoy summer, I’ll keep an eye on you and your blog ;)
    Serena

91. Molly Rose wrote:

I love those Chanel booties, they’re so sweet looking, but could be worn so many different ways. Have fun in Tokyo, I doubt you’ll be homesick when you get there.

92. Wendygital wrote:

Lovely pics!
    Hope you have the most wonderful time in Tokyo! :-)

6.14.09 · Reply
  93. You are so sweet and i love your style.. Have fun in Tokyo.
    = ) carla Schmaus

94. lilly! wrote:

this is sick, your mom is so wrong suppoting you with all this.im so sorry for all the girls, your age, lookin at this and being sad about NOT having such a sweet easy going life like yours!
    babe the world isnt all about shoppin!do u have other ideals?i cant help myself, but this is just sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!spent your money for people, who dont even have drinkwater, instead of the 100st pair of designer shoes in a month!you guys are so out of your minds.living this shit is one thing, but showing it to the hole world and screamin
    LOOK AT US, WE ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU GUYS!
    im sorry, but this is not right…

6.14.09 · Reply
  95. your mom is like the coolest ever, and you’re so pretty! you’re one of my fashion muses haha :D
    i love your shoes.. all of them.. and i bet my sis is going to go crazy if she reads your blog haha :)
    have a nice trip :) go shopping!! haha bring a lot of shoes :)
    and it would be nice if you came by to my blog hihi :)
    toodles!

96. tara wrote:

are you seriously complaining about being away for less than a month? wow …

97. Kristin wrote:

Small detail, but I like the bra you’re wearing under the lace top. It’s not too revealing, but at the same time not matronly either. Have a great time in Japan, I’m sure your puppies will be waiting when you get back. :)
    Kristin

98. Ruby wrote:

I love some nice tea and a book too :) I live in Texas too, and of course the weather is scorching hot, but I guess i’m used to it by now….. that’s kinda weird about taking a road trip to Marfa, because my mom actually wanted to go there this summer as well… btw love the shoes

99. Rocky-Nes wrote:

I love the fisrt picture, you’re so pretty !

6.14.09 · Reply
  100. you are adorable!!! your mom is gorgeous, too — she looks like a sister! xoxo

6.14.09 · Reply
  101. First of all, I LOVE YOUR BLOG! : ) You give me so much inspiration, so keep up the good work!!
    And we in Norway, loves icead tea as much as you do, I think .
    One question: How do you afford all the clothes and shoes osv.? I am 15, and I do not have a chance to buy so many expensive stuff. Could you write a “story” about your wardrobe favorites, favorite stores and tell about when you started to interest for fashion and stuffs like that when you come back from Tokyo? I would love that!

102. ragil mega wrote:

Love your outfit.. and the white shoes on top of your book..
    have a nice trip!

103. Christine wrote:

I’m so in love with your Miu Miu skirt! It’s so sweet.
    Have a blast in Tokio, Jane. :] (we know you will)

104. Amanda wrote:

im in love with those chanel shoes they are amazing!

105. kate wrote:

South Carolinians love iced tea as much as Texans do :)

106. Kristiina wrote:

I love how you and your mom dress! I wish my mom was fashion savvy too haha. And those Chanel shoes are killer.. I wouldn’t be able to stop looking at my feet if I had them on too. Love your blog. Have fun in Tokyo!
    xx
    nightowlll.blogspot.com

107. Amelia wrote:

the first picture is so beautiful!
    YOU are beautiful.
    cute outfit, neutral tones is always a plus.
    QUESTION – what breed of dog is shelley? :)
    thanks xo

108. Hélène wrote:

i would commit murder for your mother’s boots.

6.14.09 · Reply
  109. have fun in Tokyo! …both you and your mom’s shoes in this post are unbelievably awesome!

110. Nell wrote:

You look beautiful! :D Lots of nice pictures from your day! How old are you??

111. Abi wrote:

Love the Chanels!!
    athinkingphoto.blogspot.com

112. Christine wrote:

Have a safe trip!

113. Zoe wrote:

I want them Chanel booties!! So cute!
    Love both yours & your mums outfits, have a good time in Tokyo!(:

114. ......... wrote:

get a job, there is more in life than shopping shoes with your golddigging mother.

115. B wrote:

i loved your channel booties! oh, I read on a blog about a store, wonder rockets, that is at Takeshita-dori street… it looks like a garden, it’s absolutely gorgeous, you should go visit!
    xxx

116. Laura wrote:

love the booties!
    hope you have fun in japan!

117. Lea wrote:

those shoes are far too gorgeous for words.
    have fun in tokyo, I’m sure once you get there there’ll be too much to do to miss texas too much.

118. daisy wrote:

Your outfit is so perfect, the shoes the skirt the top!! Looks like you had such a lovely day out with your mum! have a safe flight!

119. Cindy wrote:

How does your mom wear those leather boots in this heat? I just moved back to TX from NYC and one of the the things I miss is being able to rock layers. Fashion is so much more fun in the colder weather.

120. Alexandria wrote:

The Chanel booties are cute but I adore the Bruno Frisoni shoes in the first couple of pics.

121. Caitlin wrote:

This post made me smile and glow. Thank you. xx

122. kyle wrote:

i must say, out of all the fashion bloggers out there (and thre are quite a few famous ones who always seem to act like celebritites)– i am always amazed at how hauntingly beautiful and intelligent these pics are, almost like works of art themselves, as well as the clothes of course =)

123. Rosanna wrote:

i’m excited to see photos from your trip! :)

124. RitaM wrote:

Have a safe flight, Jane!
    xx
    RM

125. Kayms wrote:

Hi there,
    Love your Chanel booties! Would you be able to post a reply of the style number/name so I can chase up a pair please?
    Thanks and have a good time in Tokyo!
    xx

126. Julia wrote:

I loooove your booties! I normally don’t like Chanel shoes that much but yours are amazing! Have fun in Tokyo, I hope you don’t get too homesick!
    xoxo

127. oncelivedinTOKYO wrote:

Ummm Japan has A LOT of varieties of iced tea. Mostly Green Tea, and its not very sweet either. I used to live in Tokyo so I know your going to have fun, you can certainly afford to shop up a storm, whereas I can only window shop.

6.14.09 · Reply
  128. Jane! Those booties are so unique, one of the best pairs in your collection I might say. They remind me of the dancers doing the “Time Warp” in Rocky Horror Picture Show. So punk rock.
    I’m new on the scene! Check out my blog!
    MonochromaticFacets.blogspot.com

129. Nadia wrote:

oh where do i start
    incredible especially the pic with the chanel heels
    and i lvoe seeing you in a different way . less posed

130. Tracey Schreier wrote:

How on earth do you afford your shoe habit? Out of interest, what is your budget for shoes per month.

6.15.09 · Reply
  131. Hi, this is Robert from Sweden who just wanted to tell you that ur blog really must be the number one fashion blog in the whole world. It’s lovely to see someone so passionate about fashion as u are :D Love the CC shoes, they’re lovely!
    bless // GossipBoy

6.15.09 · Reply
  132. Hi, this is Robert from Sweden who just wanted to tell you that ur blog really must be the number one fashion blog in the whole world. It’s lovely to see someone so passionate about fashion as u are :D Love the CC shoes, they’re lovely!
    bless // GossipBoy

6.15.09 · Reply
  133. Hi, this is Robert from Sweden who just wanted to tell you that ur blog really must be the number one fashion blog in the whole world. It’s lovely to see someone so passionate about fashion as u are :D Love the CC shoes, they’re lovely!
    bless // GossipBoy

134. EMILIE wrote:

I love the CHANEL shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And your Miu Miu skirt is fabulous!!!!
    Your mother looks great, as always!!!!!
    Emilie

135. 6.15.09 · Reply
  136. Christing wrote:

your mom has amazing style…love her wrist adornments! and your chanel shoes are amazing!!

137. sarah wrote:

you really arent going to be gone that long, and you are already homesick? you are traveling to one of the most interesting places on earth, where very few girls your age get the opportunity to go. please dont waste this moment by ‘already missing your dogs’.

138. Jill wrote:

The sheer blouse with the sheer shoe is genius!

139. Marie wrote:

I love your Chanel shoes *___*
    wow! your mum is really young and trendy ^^
    love from Spain

140. Isabel wrote:

Sigh – you should consider yourself so lucky that you get to travel like that…

141. aa.salz wrote:

Wow you really look like somebody Coco would want to see in her pieces! Your daddy Karl is surely proud of you!
    Have fun in Tokyo and don’t forget to post lots and lots hihi. I’m really excited to experience your view of the city!

142. romyyy wrote:

i LOVEEE your Chanel ankle-boots, soo cutee!
    xoxo romylicious.blogspot.com

143. Karin wrote:

Beautiful pictures.

144. Amalina wrote:

i love those chanel booties cute! have fun in Tokyo xx

6.15.09 · Reply
  145. jane, those chanels are TO DIE FOR.
    they look AMAZING on you, and i love your whole outfit!! (as always)
    one day my shoe collection will be as amazing as yours… one day…
    xox
    The Voguette

146. Eva wrote:

OMG!
    LOVE the Chanel shoes!
    but how can you afford everything?
    it aint cheap thats for sure…

147. Erin wrote:

Did you see that TrendCentral did a call out on you today?
    Check it out: http://www.trendcentral.com/Webapps/App/SnapShots/TodayArticle.aspx
    Good for you … thanks for keeping me in the know.
    BTW, love the shoes.

148. luxirare wrote:

im going to tokyo in september to visit my grandmother again but it would have been so cool to go shopping with you in
    Shibuya..
    have fun and make sure to keep us updated!
    ps. those chanel heels are fucking insane.

149. Raji wrote:

Ohhh my
    Your shoes are lovelyyyyyy
    Saw some pump versions …
    But yours are better :)

150. barbara antonina* wrote:

omg, how beautiful!
    accidentally came to your blog, and i must to say that you are genial.
    in the near future i will try to enter your blog.
    regards from poland! ;)

151. C wrote:

Does anyone know who makes the shoes on the book??!!!

152. sarah wrote:

have a fun trip!!!

6.15.09 · Reply
  153. Beautiful photos! Luckily, you won’t have to miss your iced tea. Japanese love it, too (there’s a great summer one called mugicha), so you’ll see vending machines full of cold iced tea!

154. Anna wrote:

I’m originally from Texas, too – it was over 10 years ago but the cafe in the Mitsukoshi department store in Ginza had the most amazing “cream iced tea” – iced tea with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. My friend and I would meet there for our special treat once a week when I spent a summer in Tokyo. Bon voyage…er…itterasshai!

155. Lisa wrote:

love the shoes on your book. what are they?

156. Sandy wrote:

I have been bothered by some of the poorly mannered comments directed toward Jane and her family. Commenting about the cost of certain items and how one can afford them is very bad form and simply none of your business.

157. chloe wrote:

I love your top. And those shoes are to die for.
    Well have fun in Tokyo!
    loadsofashion.blogspot.com

158. Virginia wrote:

Who makes the shoes in the 2nd picture?? I love them!!

159. julia wrote:

what kind of camera do you have?

160. oMG! I looove the shoes! So pretty. Great outfit misses
    x

6.15.09 · Reply
  161. OMG look at all that DRIES VAN NOTEN, you should have taken a pic with that sequined frock on!

6.15.09 · Reply
  162. have so much fun in tokyo, dude!

163. Jess wrote:

i almost died when i saw those shoes in the second picture. okay maybe that’s exaggerating but they are seriously absolutely amazing.

164. CB wrote:

—Certainly some of the comments are rude, but at the same time, blogging to thousands of people about the expensive shoes one buys, especially if you’re a teenager, invites the question. If you want complete privacy, don’t start a blog.

165. Mystique wrote:

Your shoes are the most lovely things i have set my eyes upon in my life, i believe. They’re adorable!
    And how cute is it that there’s a little heart shaped thing in your pic right before the flowers? <3
    You are sooo pretty and have such a cool sense of style! I'm so jealouss :).
    Have fun in your trip :D! Enjoy it, because you'll see time flies and you'll be home in no time!

166. Karen wrote:

presumptuous is the correct spelling of the word

167. charlotte wrote:

you are so gorgeous !
    is karl lagerfeld your father ? :O

168. Linny wrote:

Sorry Jane, Georgians have you beat on ice tea ;-) BTW, lovin’ the Givenchy and Chanel Booties!!!!

169. mo wrote:

love it!
    have a wonderful time! mom is so gorgeous as u are
    buttonsandbowsla.com

6.15.09 · Reply
  170. I have always admired your blog and posts like these are exactly why. ^.^ Have fun in Tokyo!

171. Caitlin wrote:

words cannot explain how much I love your booties!
    Have a wonderful time in Tokyo, cannot wait to see & read about your travels
    x x x

172. anne wrote:

do your mam wear sometimes others than jeans?

173. Solo wrote:

Gorgeous outfits of you band your lovely mom.;D And those shoes, amazing. I can’t help but to stare your feet too.lol Hope to see more photos here.;D Have a great day ahead.;D
    Travel and Living
    Job Hunter

174. cati wrote:

really great post…
    i adore your mom’s style and i adore your chanel shoes!

175. elizamolly wrote:

I think you’ll be okay for iced tea in Japan, they’re one of the largest iced tea exporters in the world. They have it in vending machines.
    Have fun in Tokyo!

176. Maria wrote:

Your Chanel Shoes are a dream!!

177. Jess. wrote:

I must say you have a very nice garden.
    +im loving the red lipstick.
    i love love love your blog, have fun in japan!
    nihon wa tanoshii desune.
    who takes your photos?

178. Liz wrote:

The Givenchy ankle boots are to die for. i would wear them everyday. i love your new chanels too. you could wear them with absolutely everything.
    have fun traveling
    xo

179. Che wrote:

Love these photos..so personal (thank u for sharing) and pretty! You and your mom are gorgeous!

180. faith wrote:

Wow, I didn’t know the brie and cranberries combination worked. Err… were there any other add-ins in the sandwich? I’m such a foodie and I’m curious to try something different with cranberries. I used cranberries in a lemon yogurt loaf I made http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30472924&l=6c175ad55f&id=1256417797, and I found the cranberries still too tart in that combination. ;p

181. Ineke wrote:

I never ever ever saw such adorable shoes before :) love them!

182. Jennifer wrote:

Where did your mom get those boots? PLEASE tell!

183. Sophia wrote:

So I may sound like a major creeper, but were you just driving down Beverly Blvd in Los Angeles earlier today? I was driving, and looked over to the car next to me and noticed if not you, your doppleganger, complete with your adorable headphones. I wanted to say hello, but alas I was driving. Hope you have a lovely trip! I absolutely adore your blog!

184. Ty Ty wrote:

im in love with your doggies! and ur outfit.. your moms shoes are stunning.
    xoxo
    Ty Ty

185. Holly wrote:

I am actually in love with those chanel booties, beautiful classics
    Your blog is just amzing and i can’t believe Kanye West contacted you. I am actually the most jealous girl ever.

186. Alowina wrote:

Wow! you make everything seem all so beautiful.

6.16.09 · Reply
  187. Miu Miu skirt + Chanel bow booties = LOVE. Those are quite literally the most ADORABLE shoes I have EVER seen. There is no word other than love, except maybe jealousy.
    Also, your mother’s style is to die for. If only my mother dressed like that….if only I could CONVINCE my mother to dress like that.
    Have fun in Tokyo, bring back some treats!

188. L wrote:

sweet garden also you have some serious shoes

189. dana wrote:

where did u get those SHOES FROM!!!!!!!!!!<3

190. alexandra hamann wrote:

i love that chanel shoes!!! it looks very good with that beautiful dresses!

6.16.09 · Reply
  191. Jane, cheeky is the perfect word for those Chanel booties! I love the way you are able to pull off shoes that only seem fit for the runway!
    You have a truly individual style that I’m continuously inspired by.
    Have a safe trip!

192. Punkie wrote:

I think I could die! it’s all so perfect in this pics: the lights, the cute dogs, all your dresses and shoes… just great!
    and chanel boots… oh my god… so cuuuute!

6.17.09 · Reply
  193. ellen wrote:

i really like the outfit. and the shoes are so gorgeous!
    xo

6.17.09 · Reply
  194. Audrey wrote:

Hey wondering where your shoes on the window-sill are from? They’re really lovely :)

6.17.09 · Reply
  195. Desiree wrote:

What brand are those shoes on the books. They’re absolutely stunning!!!

6.17.09 · Reply
  196. LO wrote:

ohhhh love your chanel booties.
    PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSS
    lo.

6.17.09 · Reply
  197. sun`set wrote:

Verrrrry nice first shoes and also chanel shoes !!! Love that.

6.17.09 · Reply
  198. have fun those pics are amazing

6.17.09 · Reply
  199. Rachel G wrote:

I’m from Houston and I have to say that the drive from Houston to Marfa–while long–was one of the best times I’ve had. It really sets the tone for the beautiful simplicity of Marfa!

6.17.09 · Reply
  200. Liz wrote:

Those chanel booties are divine… I love the picture quality of the canon you use, what model is it?
    thanks

6.17.09 · Reply
  201. kira wrote:

I went to tokyo last summer, and don’t worry you will drink so much iced tea there! but its not like north american iced tea, its different but waaayyy better. i wish i could find it here. oh oh and c.c.lemon. its the best pop ever and its in every vending machine. cute booties, by the way. if only i could afford chanel on my summer salary….ahh

6.17.09 · Reply
  202. these chanels are the most beautiful chanels i have EVER seen!! And I loove how you put together the whole outfit. It is so effortless and beautiful!

6.18.09 · Reply
  203. Love your blog and ♥♥♥♥♥♥ your shoes !!!!
    especially the 1st ones, on the book, what are they ? where did you get them ?
    Enjoy Tokyo !!!
    lepetitmoutonaimelamode

6.18.09 · Reply
  204. you will find all the ice tea you want in tokyo :)

6.18.09 · Reply
  205. Adrienne wrote:

I thought I was going nuts when I got to the picture of the twisty glass! Haha. Love the beautiful photographs. Have fun in LA!

6.18.09 · Reply
  206. jamie wrote:

I love those shoes. You need to wear them with something red!

6.19.09 · Reply
  207. Czarina wrote:

I love the shoes on the book as well! Who are they by? have fun in Tokyo! :)

6.19.09 · Reply
  208. Andrea wrote:

WOW the chanel shoes are…they’re crazy I’m speechless !

6.19.09 · Reply
  209. Sasi wrote:

Every pic is just too beautiful.
    And yes, those Chanel shoes are so sweet. Also love your oufit, and you mom’s.

6.20.09 · Reply
  210. FrkKoffein wrote:

Hello! Love your blog & the chanel shoes! I am so gelous that you can afford those xD Have a nice time in Tokyo!

6.20.09 · Reply
  211. stella wrote:

hey, who makes the silver chains that your mom wears? they’re very kate lanphear-esque and i’m dying to get bracelets like those! thanks!

6.21.09 · Reply
  212. “i didn’t get too dressed up today” shhh, you look perfect! i always love that skirt & the blouse looks perfect with it. and those shoes! sex sex sex.

6.22.09 · Reply
  213. Ailin wrote:

i know you get this a lot, but you look magnificent, like some goddess!
    i love love love those CHANEL booties! so cute!

6.23.09 · Reply
  214. masquerade wrote:

anybody knows who the shoes on the first photo are by?

6.24.09 · Reply
  215. Amelie wrote:

The Magus is such a good book! And that food doesn’t look too shabby either!

10.2.09 · Reply
  216. Beautiful post. How can we say that feminism has done its work until each of us can walk on the street alone without fear, annoyance, or embarassment?

5.8.10 · Reply
  217. I understand what you are saying, but you just seem to have forgotten that there are some other people in the world who view this issue for what it really is and may not agree with you. You may be turning away a lot of people who might have been fans of your blog.

6.30.10 · Reply
  218. Oh my…. I love those shoes, the watch and the bracelets. I like the rocker chick look.
    And those pictures are amazing. :) Nice blog you got here.

11.24.10 · Reply
  219. Do not forget the birthing process can take a VERY long time and be very tiring for all concerned.

12.21.12 · Reply
  220. interesting piece of information, I had come to know about your web-page from my friend pramod, jaipur,i have read atleast eight posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your blog gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i’m already your rss

2.17.13 · Reply