For low-maintenance girls.
1. Let your hair get dirty. I used to wash my hair every other day but I've been stretching it out to three or four days. I just use dry shampoo liberally. I love Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo but I've started using Ojon Full Detox Rub-Out Dry Cleansing Powder which is supposed to actually cleanse your hair. I also find it gives it a bit of extra heft. Dirty hair is amazing because you can literally make your hair do anything you want when its a bit dirty, the natural oils totally change it's structure and capabilities. It gets so full and and you can make it hold any shape, just get a teasing comb and start sculpting. Wash your bangs if you need to. Audrey Hepburn only washed her hair once a week! I don't know if I could go that long. You also spend less time in the shower, and keep your hair color longer if it's dyed.
2. Use toner, it helps with acne and oil production in hot climates. I read several times that they don't do anything, but I have noticed such a difference since I started using one, I have clearer skin and my makeup lasts longer. I use an astringent from Neutrogena.
3. If you normally use eyeliner or shadow during the day, try going without it for a week and see how you like it. I used to use a lot of liner out of habit but I decided to try a fresher look and I much prefer it. One thing I can't live without is a ton of mascara…I can't give it up. I probably literally wear about five coats on my upper and lower lashes for night time.
4. Get Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel so you dont have to spend so much time filling them in. It's two in one, it gives your brows a defined shape and it makes them stay in place. Mine get crazy without gel…
5. Drink ginger tea if you get an upset stomach often. I tried it at the recommendation of a friend and I like it because it helps with nausea and also because its very spicy and warming. My favorite is Triple Leaf Ginger Tea.
6. Stop using moisturizers that come in pots–they accumulate bacteria. How very gross!! Use stuff that comes in tubes and pump dispensers. My mom and I got rid of some products we were using that were in pots and noticed we now get fewer blemishes.
7. Don't forget to put sunscreen on your forearms and your ears. Just make sure your rub it in really well on your ears!
8. If you are travelling and forgot to bring a scrub, you can exfoliate with Vitamin C powder. I always travel with Vitamin C powder, in case it wards off colds…
9. To give your hair lots of body without using heat, make a ponytail on the very top of your head, really get it up high! Twist the ponytail around itself to make a bun and secure it with bobby pins.Wear it like that all day and take it down at night for nice big hair, or you can even wear it to bed and take it out in the morning.
10. Flick your eyeliner up at a dramatic angle and put your blush very high on your cheekbones, then pull all of your hair back very tightly to give your face a new dimension. Alternatively to soften your features you could tease all of your hair into a soft cloud and pin it abstractly on top of your head, and leave some tendrils hanging down like they did in the seventies. Trying new things is fun.